Thursday, May 8, 2014

Good news, bad news

Okay, the good news: our bodies feel great, even after 7.5 hours on the road and 434 miles.

The bad news? Holy crap do I have a red wine hangover...

Our trip today to hit the first corner is a short jaunt to San Diego, a mere two-ish hours away, depending on traffic, which is why we'll be leaving later (really... has nothing to do with my hangover).

We purchased two Saddlemen gel pads for the bike and we like them, a lot. I have a custom seat from Corbin that's still on the bike, of course, and it's a great seat, plenty firm, but after a  few hours I develop some hot spots on my posterior. Consecutive riding days or the upcoming 16 hour days for the 50CC and on the gel-less seat and I'd be a hurting monkey. Fortunately the gel pads work well.

I have no good way to transition from gel pads to our buddy so I'll just say JBram is a gracious host and we barbecued steaks, corn on the cob, and Romaine lettuce (yes, on the barbecue - I was skeptical - and it's actually quite good), and killed several bottles of very good cabernets. John is persnickety about his wine and we imbibed  far too heavily both poolside and in the mammoth hot tubs around the campus of his new living area.

Poolside                                                                                    











Rear-nekked choke







No comments:

Post a Comment